Tuesday

Dulce de Leche Icebox Cake





This recipe is really just a sham, there's no new recipe in this post, it is simply a combination of graham crackers and classy cream layered in a yummy ice box cake.  

I work at a church and have the opportunity to meet many church members who attend activities throughout the week. One lady, Betty, recently turned 90 years old. I thought I would make her something to celebrate and figured this was simple and tasty. But then I went and had to bake my own cookies for it, taking away the simple factor... but it's still tasty which is all that matters for the reciever of the gift.




Isn't the bowl on the left cute? I found it at an antique store in the Orange circle.

Directions:
Stack alternate layers of graham crackers and classy cream until its about cake height. Store-bought crackers should work just as well if you don't want to make them.
I used a #21 piping tip for mine to make it look fancy.
Place cake in the freezer for a half hour so the top will set a bit before covering it in plastic wrap and setting it in the fridge. Refrigerate this 8-24 hours before serving cold. The longer it sits the more cake-like it will be.
Before serving, drizzle more dulce de leche sauce over the top (optional).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...